What’s tastier than sweet, roasted carrots with honey on them? Yes, that’s right, NOTHING. This is my own spin on a recipe from the November 2014 issue of Woman’s Day.
Make ahead: prepare without honey; refrigerate overnight. To reheat, bring to room temperature and bake at 375ºF until hot, then toss with honey.
Active: 20 min
Total: 1 hr
- 3 lbs medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- Heat oven to 400ºF. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots, five-spice, and ginger with the oil, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Transfer half the carrots to a second baking sheet, and spread the carrots in an even layer. Roast both sheets until the carrots are golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle the honey over the carrots and toss to combine.